It’s kind of crazy to imagine how many businesses come into being every year. A 2013 article on Forbes.com claimed that “approximately 543,000 new businesses get started each month.” Obviously those figures likely shift every year and may be very different now, but it does seem as if there’s always a freshly launched business to be discovered.
Our favorite part about that? Where there’s a freshly launched business, there’s a shiny new brand identity complete with assets designed to work across a variety of applications, often including business cards.
Just for fun, let’s take a look at some beautiful business cards that have ventured into the world recently.
(Did you know? In the HOW Logo Design Awards, we have a category especially for these types of identity applications—from business cards and letterheads to signage and packaging and anything else created in conjunction with a logo design. Click here to learn more—and enter before the final deadline, November 20!)
10 Business Cards That Will Make You Want to Know the Brands Behind Them
1. Business cards for Yes, Joy, foodies who cook, cater & get creative with dining
Designed by Lila, designer and founder of Oh Babushka. See the complete brand identity project here.
2. Business cards for IT tech company SideKick SolutionsDesigned by Design Ranch (Michelle Sonderegger, Ingred Sidie, creative directors; Rachel Roth, designer). See the complete brand identity project here.
3. Business cards for Bar Palco
Designed by Véronique Lafortune, Valery Lemay and Emile Lord; photo by Felix Renaud and Emile Lord. See the full brand identity project here.
4. Business cards for Motel Studio
Designed by Véronique Lafortune and Emile Lord; see the full brand identity project here.
5. Business cards for Sundaze, a modern skincare brand
Designed by Caterina Bianchini; see the full brand identity project here.
6. Business cards for Manifesto: Casa Toaster Calabrese
Designed by Nosotros, a creative branding and strategic communications studio. See the full project here.
7. Business cards for Minata
Designed by Firmalt, a branding company; see the full brand identity project here.
8. Business cards for Doux Supper Club
Designed by No Name Branding; see the full brand identity project here.
9. Business cards for (and by) Marine Laurent
Laurent designed these to promote her own graphic design and illustration services; printed at Risotto Studio in Glasgow, Scotland.
10. Business cards for Maiook, a Slovenian handmade bag + accessory company
Designed by Cody Small and Caava Design; see the full brand identity project here.